| 01429 226230

Do you have the home related insurances you need?

Buildings insurance

Protects your property against the consequences of fire, flooding, subsidence, storms or criminal damage and is a requirement of mortgage lenders and equity release providers.

Most policies offer standard terms so make sure that the level of cover is sufficient to meet the cost of rebuilding your home.

Contents insurance

Protects you against the loss/damage of your possessions in your home and sometimes away from your home.

As with buildings insurance, most policies carry standard terms.

What to consider:

  • Is the level of cover adequate?
  • If you work from home/run a business from home, does the policy cover business equipment?
  • The standards of security required under the policy in relation to door and window locks
    • doors usually require a five-lever mortice deadlocks, yet we regularly visit clients who have found a low premium but have not checked the security requirements and could potentially fail with a future claim.

Buy to let/landlord property insurance

Those with an investment property sometimes have a standard buildings insurance policy and have not checked/advised the insurer that it is to cover a rental property.

Always ensure that your policy will protect you, contact us to find the right one for you.